Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Electric Youth

From: David Candler <armyman@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 14:38:30 -0600
Subject: Re: Electric Youth
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Steve0 the intrepid Katespotter advises...

>>From arguably the best Kate site
>(Note the new URL, folks:
>http://www.intserv.com/~dobenson/kate/the_muse.html  )
>these are Shockwave movies done by David Benson.
>
>I'm not sure whether it was the machine I was using or the site
>(probably some unholy combination of the two), either the sub-sites
>would crash Netscape (something crashing Netscape?  I bet that's
>a FIRST!) or I would get the sound but no video.  But hey, it's better
>than what I got before (ie, nothing).

Considering my experience, I'd blame Netscape.  This site seemed to work
fine for me using Netscape 2.02 with the Shockwave plugin.  The only problem
was 'Rocket Man' playing too fast on my PC, which was a problem mentioned on
the site.  But I've had trouble with Netscape (all the versions I've had) in
other areas so I would not be surprised that you had trouble with it this
time.  It really seems to hate my S3 video drivers and although I can't say
for sure, something keeps RealAudio from running.  I point the finger at
Netscape again for now.
| armyman@sk.sympatico.ca  http://www2.awinc.com/users/dcandler |
| LoveHound		   GA List		  RelationshipX |