Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

This woman's work

From: overdijk@noord.bart.nl (.)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 17:20:58 +0200
Subject: This woman's work

Hi everyone,

I just bought the soundtrack from `She's having a baby'. Just when I thought
there was nothing there for me in the second-hand record store, there it was.
Now I have a couple of questions about the version of `This woman's work'
that on the soundtrack:

1. just at the end of the `ah-oooooh' bits at the beginning, there's a voice
in the background. This sound is not on the version from `The sensual
world'. Is it from the film? What is he saying?

2. I remember reading that the version on the soundtrack is different. I
tried to discover the differences, but I think they must be very subtle. The
soundtrack-version sounds `emptier', with more echo. Could anyone point the
differences out to me?

Hope you can help me,

Thanks!

Richard

p.s. someone asked about Kate's remark regarding Tori Amos. Appearantly she
said she thought she was `um, well, interesting'. That's it!.