Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: trade

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 23:36:37 -0700
Subject: Re: trade

Someone with only the punctuation '.' as a name wrote:

> BTW I just read on Really Deep Thoughts that Tori has done some verses of
> `Running up that hill' during one of her shows just a few days ago! She does
> so many covers it had to happen sometime... I am *so* curious as to how that
> would sound! Maybe it'll be on a boot soon (probably by the end of next week).

Was this confirmed on Really Deep Thoughts...or were you just
reading my post on rec.music.tori-amos? I'd seen Tori at the
Greek here in L.A. on 6/29, and thought that she sang a bit of
RUTH during her cover of the Cure's "Love Song." I posted a
question on rec.music.tori-amos, but so far, it has gone
unanswered. So I've re-asked:

In the middle of this track on 6/29, Tori sang the lyrics "If I
only could...I'd be running up that...rock." Are these lyrics
regularly found in the Cure song...or was this a snippet of Kate
Bush's 'Running Up That Hill' (the melody even mirrored RUTH)?
Did anyone else notice this on other dates?

Robb