Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

gaffitti and capitalist pigs

From: MATH TRIED ERR <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 19:11:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: gaffitti and capitalist pigs

Hi!

Rave recalled:

>In New York in 1988, I spotted the following billboard-sized graffiti on
>34th street:
>
>"BUT NOT UNTIL THE SUN AND THE MOON MEET ON YON HILL"

Hmmm... I wonder if it's still there.  Do you remember which cross-street
it was near?  I'd love to get a picture of that.  (In New York, the chances
that it's still there are quite good -- whether or not it's been covered over
by additional graffitti, however, is another story entirely.)

Back in 1990, a friend of mine was in Paris, somewhere in Montmartre, I
think, and came across a billboard-size ad for Kate's Tour of Life.  She
couldn't remember exactly where she saw it, and when I was in Paris a few
months later I didn't have time to scour the city for it to take a picture,
but I think it's massively cool that it survived that long.  I wonder if it's
still there.

Kelley inquired:

> p.s. is 50 CDs a lot or not?  Am I just getting started or already
> an obscenely over-spending capitalist piggy-girl?  it seems like a
> lot but I always want more now that I work at home...

Erm, it's all relative.  woj and I, for example, recently topped 1700 (and
that's just the discs -- we have no clue how many vinyl LP's and cassette
tapes we have).  Compared to some people we know, that's a paltry total.

Then again, when music is your religion, you can never have enough.  :)

Daniel responded:

>I have 13 CDs; 8 are Kate...
>and yes, you are a capitalist pig! :-)

Gee, that must make us capitalist mega-hogs.  I'm honored.

|Meredith Tarr                                               meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                        http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/meth/|
|     "I envy you your ignorance -- I hear it's bliss" - Ani DiFranco       |