Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate becomes a question on "Debt"

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 06:20:39 -0700
Subject: Kate becomes a question on "Debt"
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hey all you lovehounds,

	Kate has just earned her highest accolade yet. She was
the "hardest question on the board" on a gameshow called "Debt."
No, I'd never heard of it either, but whilst rambling through
the channels sometime last week, I happened on this cheesy copy
of "Jeopardy" and almost immediately heard the words 'Rubberband
Girl.'
	The clue was a 'Daily Double'-kind of thing -- and fell
under the category of 'Bush.' The host referred to it as the
hardest question on the board --  which wasn't saying much. The
clue was: "This 'Rubberband Girl' sang 'Don't Give Up' with
Peter Gabriel."
	I admit this wouldn't be brain surgery for anyone who's
ever heard of her...but that's a small number in the U.S., so I
was truly amazed when one of the contestants got it.
	Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

	Robb