Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gaffaweb

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:36:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Gaffaweb
To: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
CC: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Xenu's Sister wrote:

> (Subject Line changed to refect how it's going to be spelled.
> Gaffaweb, rather than GaffaWeb, just so people don't get used
> to the capital W)

Correction noted.

> On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Len Bullard wrote:
>
> Someone else will have to answer you on this one. I know there
> will be sound files, but what kind, I don't know. If you want some
> of this other fancy stuff, join the gaffaweb mailing list and
> spend the next month working on it :-). Write to Bill at
> wisner@gryphon.com. What I'm personally working on doesn't
> require plugins, which is why I don't know.

Ok.  Didn't know there was such a thing.  Most of my
time is spent doing VRML modeling at the moment.

> > 2.  Will this be a Netscape-enhanced page?
>
> Yes, but we're also trying to make it as Lynx-friendly as possible.

Ok.  That's one for enhanced and one against.  The reason I
ask is that Netscape allows the use of Javascript which
enables some sophisticated work such as interactive user
input.  For example, I was building a LoveHounds test
that tests knowledge of Kate and rates the entrant, all in fun.

> > 3.  Will this page be regularly updated?
>
> Well, most of it will be fixed information/images, with no need
> for continual updates, but I'm sure new stuff will be added to
> the site often.

Considering the rather large quantity of what is out there,
it will be interesting to see new material.

> > 4.  What will be the URL?
>
> http://www.gryphon.com/gaffa (but it's password-protected for
> now.) Bill will take off the (ridiculously complex!) password
> at his Katemas party.

Noted.

> > 5.  Will links to the other Kate pages on the Web be included?
>
> Yes, see my page at http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/artists/kb.html
> The Gaffaweb links page will be a mirror of that one.

I'll check.  Last I looked, those were incomplete.

> > 6.  Has anyone told Kate yet?
>
> Not that I know, but I really doubt she'd care.

That's sad for kate.  I'd always heard she cared
a great deal about her fans.  Since she won't tour
and puts out an album every epoch or so, activities
like Gaffaweb are pretty vital.

thanks for the info.  I may wait to see what y'all
have going since too many cooks is usually a bad
idea unless they are rather tight friends.  The
Kate Worlds have been consuming and I have more to
do there.

len