Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate in OZ (recovery on ABC)

From: Brett Harris <brh@tracy.ho.bom.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 14:13:19 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: Kate in OZ (recovery on ABC)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

drtom@shell01.ozemail.com.au (Tom Compagnoni) wrote:

> This weekend on the Australian ABC show "recovery", there was a short
> piece on Kate Bush with excerpts of interviews Kate did with Molly
> Meldrum on Countdown.

Wow, did you tape it?  I am always missing things like that.

> Does anyone have more info on Kate in Australia ?

Well, apart from a rumor I heard about Kate going to school in
Canberra when she was six :) , Kate came out here in 1978 to co-host
the 'King of Pop' awards with Leif Garrett (yes that Leif Garrett :-* )
and then appeared on Countdown the following day, where she
performed Hammer Horror for the first time.  This stuff was
detailed on the recent J-files show on JJJ.  Apparently Kate was
overwhelmed by the fans here and the lengths they would go to meet her...
(not mentioning any names!)  Unfortuneatly this all happened a few years
before my Enlightenment, so I only know what I have heard or been told.

Brett.