Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Klones

From: Allan Anderson <aanderson@ppg01.sc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 13:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Kate Klones
To: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Alan Stonebridge wrote:

> On 24 Jun 1996, Allen Anderson wrote:
>
> > : "And that was 'Wonderwall' by Oasis.  And before that, we
> > : heard 'Wonderwall' by Oasis and 'Wonderwall' by Oasis.
> > : And coming up next, ten uninterrupted playings of 'Wonderwall'
> > : by Oasis."
> > :  - Every single Bay Area DJ
>
> Is it really that popular? Personally, while I thought it had some nice
> touches (like the really deep strings in the background) it just seemed
> like yet another rock song to me... plain and boring, especially when I'd
> heard it a few times, and the video wasn't exactly interesting either...
>
> Alan.
Actually, I suppose that I'm a bit out of touch for a Bay Area resident.
Since I don't have a car, I don't listen to radio while driving...and at
home, I only listen to Kate and Happy :)  well and KPFA.

But I am told that there is a 1 in 10 chance, whilst hitting 98.5 or
105.3 or where-ever, that you'll hear Oasis.  I still haven't.

Allan Anderson -- aanderson@sc.hp.com, cerebus@ebhon.jnst.uor.edu
"All right -- who wants to take me home?" -- Tom Maddox