Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: chrisw@wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 19:23:53 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Mailbag
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
> Subject: Kate Klones
>
> A couple of days ago, my housemate played me someone
> who he said "sounded just like Kate Bush" (in other words,
> was female and used a piano) named Akiko Yano.  Actually,
> she sounds NOTHING like Kate (sounds more like Tori
> Amos, actually), but is still REALLY GREAT STUFF highly
> recommended by yours truly.

   Akiko was on a tape of Japanese female vocalists Andy made for
us years ago. She's married to Ruychi Sakamoto, and her output varies
*widely*. I quite like her stuff, but I need to spend more time looking
for her stuff.

> From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
>
> If anyone is planning a 1996 KaTe video KollecTion, can you reply
> to me (personally) as I am in the process of creating a one minute
> video to a Kate track, which should be of interest, I think.

   I was planning to do one, but spending the past several months on
the road have thrown a monkey wrench in those works. I still want
to.