Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Canadian subt(r)opics

From: Chris Abbey <chris.abbey@airsep.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 06:12:00 GMT
Subject: Canadian subt(r)opics
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

 -=> Quoting Jason Pilon to Chris Abbey <=-

Barenaked Ladies
 >     Their first album "Gordon" will be considered a classic once people
 >in the US get off their butts and listen to something different.  It is a
 >combination rock and jazz and folk and comedy and lots of stuff.
 JP>
 JP> Oddly enough, Gordon did not rate in a recent Canadian Top 100 poll by
 JP> Chart magazine.  (Contributors:  the people in the biz such as artists,
 JP> engineers, radio people, etc.)

'Lo,

     So what did make the cut?

 >     They also have two more since.  Do not hesitate.  Go and buy some.
 >Now.  This is not a request.
 JP>
 JP> If you insist.

     Hey, you've already got their stuff.  And since because of you folks
I got up a yen to try Canadian Music, I hope that your Kate tooth has now
become a nasty habit.  (And wait until you hear my sister and me cover
"Man with the Child in His Eyes".)

 >Chris Abbey
 >fan of Canadian music
 JP>
 JP> This is a good thing, people.

     Indeed it is.

Chris Abbey

... Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run. Death hates that.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12