Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WARNING - some posts may contain humour!

From: Neil Calton <nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:51:11 +0100
Subject: WARNING - some posts may contain humour!
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>From: SamiT007@aol.com
>Subject: Re: talent and genius in the U.S.
>>How he can fail to spot that Oasis have true talent and
>>are destined to take the World by storm is truely bewieldering.
>>I could compare them with exciting young groups from the USA.
>>Oh, I forgot, there aren't any!
>
>Oooh, getting a little snide, aren't we?  Get off your pompous British butt
>and start listening to some of the amazingly wonderful new music that is
>coming out of the U.S.

>From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
>
>I'd just like to add that not all of us British people are like this.. I'm
>sure other >Kate-fans can't stand all the arrogance that is about in the
>music scene today...

Oh for the love of Kate! Surely it is obvious my post was meant to be
humorous. Come on read it again. Clue 1: there was a smiley at the end.
Clue 2: it was written in song titles for ****'s sake. Or maybe you guys
think this
is how I normally write.

The only serious thing in my post was that I do think (IMHO) Oasis are great.
However, I also believe (again IMHO) that there plenty of great US bands,
films, TV etc. (not to mention Teri Hatcher!)

Now is this post serious - Definitely, Maybe!

Neil

It's coming home; it's coming home; it's coming home ....
--

Neil Calton                                       INTERNET:  nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Computing & Information           JANET:     nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk