Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

S'cuze me while I kiss this guy

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 20:43:45 -0700
Subject: S'cuze me while I kiss this guy
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

andy <andy@vision25.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Last thing: Question. I've got a pirate CD of some Kate's live performances.
>>There's a song I love, that she sings with a guy, and it goes like this: "Do
>>bears ... sha la la la... in the woods ??". Can anybody tell me more about
>>this song? Who is the guy? Who wrote the song? Is there a studio version
>>around? and whatever ...

>The 'guy' is the English comedian Rowan Atkinson. The song was written
>by Richard Curtis and Rowan Atkinson presumibly for Live Aid on 4/5/6
>April 1986. The Live Aid show is available on video
>(Virgin Video VVD 169) and also features Kate sing Breathing.

A few things that have to be added.  I forgot who posted the original,
but I'm assuming it was a Yank.  Anyway, here in the U.S., he's probably
most well known as being the "stuttering priest" in the film "Four
Weddings and a Funeral".  He's also the star of the wonderful TV series
"Blackadder" and the supposedly wonderful TV series "Mr. Bean"
(I say "supposedly" because although I've heard rave reviews about
it from people I trust, I've yet to actually see an episode).

Note:  Blackadder (at least a couple of seasons) also starred Miranda
Richardson, who, of course, was also in the TLTC&TC.

- Stev0 who is drinking from a fountain that is pouring like an
avalanche coming down a mountain.

"Baldrick, you're so dense you probably laugh at Shakespeare's
comedies."