Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Enya

From: Sumita Mikio <sumita@ptij.or.jp>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 10:19:24 +0900
Subject: Enya
To: Love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

 At 15 Jun 1996 19:21:06 GMT,rave123@pipeline.com writes

 >I'm a long-time Kate Bush fan who also likes Enya, and I'd like to know
>what the rest of you think of Enya.  I think she her "New Age"
>classification is a misnomer.  She is a gifted performer and I think other
>Kate fans should appreciate her too.  I recommend Shepherd Moons most of
>all.  She's sounds like an angel and sometimes her voice reminds me of
>Kate.
>
>Cheers,
>rave123@pipeline.com

 I agree. But I don't like to describe her music such quasi-religious terms as
"She's sounds like an angel"or "a heavenly aura". But I don't deny such
descriptions.And it is natural that good music always transcend mundane
realities.How I describe Enya's music--difficult,not only because of my poor
English skill. I'll also feel difficult,if I try it with Japanese. But it's surethat I feel her music as wild and
elegant at the same time.
 By the way, I don't know how to define so-called "New Age" music.
 Please tell me.

  Sumita Mikio
 sumita@ptij.or.jp
         From wet wet wet Japan