Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

US/UK music

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 96 10:18:00 EST
Subject: US/UK music
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 14 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Aren't Elastica, Spacehog, Porno for Pyros and The Presidents of the
United States all from the Land of the Free? I'm a bigger fan of UK
music but there _are_ bands in the US making good music.

Kate content: for the person who asked - the South Australian
icecream advertisement was on TV, but I can't remember the brand.
The extremely weak connection between the song and icecream is
provided by the words "so cold". This is probably a good thing
as it means the song was used more because the creative director
liked it rather than that it had any relevance to the product.

TSB