Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Bush fans should love Enya

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 17 Jun 96 08:06:57 EDT
Subject: Re: Kate Bush fans should love Enya
To: rave123@pipeline.com, rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

--- rave123@pipeline.com wrote:
I'm a long-time Kate Bush fan who also likes Enya, and I'd like to know
what the rest of you think of Enya.  I think she her "New Age"
classification is a misnomer.  She is a gifted performer and I think other
Kate fans should appreciate her too.  I recommend Shepherd Moons most of
all.  She's sounds like an angel and sometimes her voice reminds me of
Kate.

Cheers,
rave123@pipeline.com
--- end of quoted material ---
Hi,

    Enya's OK.....but I get awfully tired of her after a while.   Her music
tends
to be too "sappy" IMHO.  Plus the fact that she hasn't evolved musically at
all.
I was hoping she'd offer something new and different with "The Memory Of
Trees". It
turns out the but a rehash of her previous works....right down to "stealing" a
part of
Orinoco Flow on one song  I forget the title).

    I much prefer Loreena McKennitt.  She's original, innovative and always a
step
ahead....and more talented that Enya.   IMHO of course.

peace

ron