Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Faves bandwagon

From: MATH TRIED ERR <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 15:28:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Faves bandwagon
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi!

Wow.  I must say it's nice to see discussions taking place about other
artists as well as Kate here on love-hounds... reminds me of the days of
old.  (Now watch, I just jinxed it and a flame war will be raging by Monday...
;)

I must be brief, since woj just hollered from the other room that he found a
copy of the Egos & Icons piece on Kate on a tape we didn't even know we had,
and we have no clue whatsoever as to how we got it.  (Maybe in a weird spate
of karma, this tape magically appeared in our living room at the same time as
some kind soul relieved me of my car stereo the other day... :P)

I can't resist jumping in.  The 5 artists besides Kate that are always represeen-
ted in my CD case are, in no particular order:

1.)  Sarah McLachlan (surprised that she hasn't been mentioned more here)
2.)  Tori Amos
3.)  Happy Rhodes
4.)  Ani DiFranco
5.)  Loreena McKennitt

There are many, many more (Jane Siberry, Laurie Anderson, Natalie Merchant,
10,000 Maniacs, The Nields, Dar Williams, Melissa Ferrick, Katell Keineg, Ingrid Karklins, I
could go on and on and on but I won't).  Those are just the top 5.

Anyway, gotta go watch that mystery tape...

|Meredith Tarr                                               meth@delphi.com|
|Boonton, NJ  USA                        http://remus.rutgers.edu/~woj/meth/|
|     "I envy you your ignorance -- I hear it's bliss" - Ani DiFranco       |