Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Not only Kate...

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 18:29:41 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Not only Kate...
To: 10mm@mbay.net
cc: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 10mm@mbay.net wrote:

> And isn't it a given that all Kate fans are also Beatles/Bowie/Gabriel
> fans?

Hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I wouldn't say that all Kate fans
like those artists... I've heard some Beatles stuff, mainly the more
famous songs, and I've heard a few Bowie songs too... I didn't like much
of his stuff. I do like Gabriel, although I've only got the "So" and "US"
albums, but I wouldn't feel compelled to rush out and buy their albums...
Kate's music satisfies me enough to get by because it has just the right
amount of emotion, fantasy and craziness.

Alan.