Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Brazil/Happy Rhodes

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 96 09:01:28 +0200
Subject: Re: Brazil/Happy Rhodes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk wrote:
> Is the "Brazil" soundtrack still available, and how easy/hard is it to
> find? Anybody got a number/label, etc for ordering it?

I found it in a regular shop last year, label and number:
Milan 74321 11124-2 (made in France)
There's also an address to write to for further information:
MILAN ZA KLEBER
165, BD DE VALMY
F-92706 COLOMBES CIDEX

Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu wrote about Happy Rhodes:
> ... and those
> FREAKY album covers.  Most of them look like the kind of thing
> lonely teenage boys used to draw back in junior high.  What's
> the story anyway? (they have muddy gray-green horned alien creatures
> with pointy teeth and drool--not quite capturing the spirit of the
> music IMHO).  ...

don't judge a book by it's cover :-)
Warpaint, Rhodesongs, Building the Colossus, The Keep and even Rearmament
have covers that are based on photos of Happy, so that's the ones to
choose from if you don't want monsters.
That leaves Rhodes I and Rhodes II with the lurking demons, Ecto with a
blurred painting of a long-haired alien, and equipoise with the cover
you're probably referring to. (though I think that's not drool on the
alien's teeth, that's plaque :-)
I have the latter two and IMHO the covers reflect the lyrics quite well,
regarding gothic tales like "Off from out from under me", "Ecto" and
"Cohabitants". But if you expect it to sound like Iron Maiden just because
the monsters on the cover, you might be disappointed.
Btw, i had a quite good experience with mail order from Aural Gratification.

bye,
Rolf

---
"I like to paint the strange" - Happy Rhodes (I Say)