Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: favourite artists

From: cmarsha2@chat.carleton.ca (Cara Marshall)
Date: 12 Jun 1996 04:56:38 GMT
Subject: Re: favourite artists
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Jason Pilon (jpp@ecf.toronto.edu) wrote:
> I'm new to this group, and relatively new to Kate Bush, so what better
> way to introduce myself.

> My top five, at the moment, would look something like this:

>   Peter Gabriel  (the only constant in any "favourites" list of mine)
>   Jack Logan
>   Oscar Peterson
>   Morphine
>   Keith Jarrett Trio (w/Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette)

> Honourable mentions to the Chieftains, Rheostatics, Inbreds, Ben Folds
> Five and Nigel Kennedy.

The CanCon in your list reveals you as a Torontonian.  My own list, today,
would look something like this:
The Waterboys
Soul Coughing
Tom Waits
Radiohead
Django Reinhardt

Fave fiction includes Michael Ondaatje, _Comimg Through Slaughter_ (the
quintessential postmodern novel), Jeannette Winterson's _Oranges Are Not
The Only Fruit_, and Clarice Lispector's _The Passion According to G.H._.
Dostoyevsky and Salinger (does that look strange combining those names?)
are two that I often return to as well.
C.

Cara Marshall
Carleton University