Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Other brilliant bands

From: hypnagogue@aol.com (Hypnagogue)
Date: 10 Jun 1996 23:25:55 -0400
Subject: Other brilliant bands
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> I'm just interested in what kind of cross-section of the
> community listens to Kate.  What I thought I would do is > ask you for
your top 5  artists/bands other than Kate.

That is a question which could reap some potentially interestingly
divergent answers, as well as hopefully pointing musically like-minded
people to other intriguing artists. I can't possibly keep it to five
though. My 10 would have to be:

1. Alphaville
2. David Bowie
3. Genesis
4. Pink Floyd
5. Queen
6. Meat Puppets
7. Doctor and the Medics
8. Sisters of Mercy
9. The Damned
10. Tears for Fears

*in no particular order and in no way limited to. I'm sure I've left off
some bands that are in fact vital to my existence. Of course, several
spaces have to be left between the very top rung, occupied by Kate, and
the next group, to represent the layers of etherea between her and the
rest of humanity.

I'll certainly be interested to see what others' responses to this survey
will reveal about the nature of LoveHounds!

--Hypnagogue (Christine) ;)