Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Criticism

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 1996 15:06:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate and Criticism
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>PS someone on the list recently said that Kate is hesitant to make another
>album because of the criticism TRS recieved (or something like that).  Is
>this really true?  I hope not.

>From my perspective, the media seemed to really like this album.  Most of the
reviews I read were quite positive.  I was under the impression that the
media considered it her most mainstream album and honored her for appealing
to a wider public.  Most Kate Bush fans would probably agree that it is more
mainstream than say, TD or NfE.  While it isn't her most unique work or most
outrageous, it has succeeded in making fans out of people that normally
wouldn't have heard her music otherwise.  Has Kate really received negative
criticism of TRS from others besides die-hard fans?  I never did come across
any myself?

I also hope that Kate is not hesitant to make an album for this reason!  I
think she earned herself a lot more new fans as a result of TRS and would
find sales and appreciation of her next album quite outstanding!

Just wondering,
~~~Samantha