Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Boston Tea Party

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 18:47:59 -0700
Subject: Boston Tea Party
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hello, fellow citizens!

I just got back from a slightly-more-than-a-weekend trip
to Boston.

I have had mixed feelings about Fruitopia pretty much
fading away quietly and dying.

These two sentences fit together.  Here's how:

First, it looks like Fruitopia isn't using Kate anymore for
their commercials.  They changed the labels (the only move
in the right direction, I might add).  Last year they came up
with a whole bunch of swell new flavors, ranging from the
OK to the "Hey, this stuff is GOOD!" - and ALL of it better
than the sugar water swill they served up first go 'round.

Now, with the new labels, it seemed they dropped all the
new (ie, good) flavors, and just left the sugar water.  Well,
went I went to Boston I happened to pop into a supermarket
there, and lo and behold they still sell the new flavors in the
new packaging!

Of course, that still doesn't let them off the hook for dropping
Kate, but it proves there IS hope.

- Stev0 the jetlagged

"Sugar, they bring me sugar..."
 - if Coke takes up Tori as the new Fruitopia musician