Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What are the moderation protocols?

From: st@epcc.edinburgh.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 12:13:45 GMT
Subject: Re: What are the moderation protocols?
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <4or48h$imo$1@sydney.DIALix.oz.au>, John Heenan
(sad@sydney.DIALix.oz.au) wrote:

> Hi Kate Bush devotees
>
> I see this is a moderated group.  This means all articles must pass
> the inspection of the moderator.  Is this unusual in a music group?
> After all this is not a high powered technical discussion group sponsered
> by a corporate body where no one wants to be annoyed by postings that are
> clearly not in line with the group purposes (for example
> comp.os.network.netware.announcements).

Actually, it's only moderated so that the rec.music.gaffa newsgroup can
be gatewayed to the Love-Hounds mailing list, ie. postings to the
newsgroup are forwarded to the mailing list, and messages to the mailing
list are posted to the newsgroup. No actual moderation happens. I'm not
aware of any other newsgroups that work like this, but r.m.g/L-H has
been like this since, ooh, way back.

--
Scott Telford, Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre,        <s.telford@ed.ac.uk>
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.(+44 131 650 5978)