Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lord of the Reedy River

From: nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 21:13:48 -0300
Subject: Lord of the Reedy River
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>I love best and worst lists, but think I'm failing the quiz here--
>can't seem to cram 5 into either category.  My best try--
>1.  Cloudbusting--the first Kate song for me, and I loved the video.
>We in Arizona have a soft spot for Wilhelm Reich, too--he was concerned
>about groundwater pollution in Tucson 30 years before anybody else (
>the military was flying planes thru radioactive clouds following bomb
>tests, then washing the planes in Tucson, letting the watter trickle
>into the ground).
>2.  Love and Anger--when I was really, really depressed a few years
>ago, it just kept rattling thru my head (if you can't tell your
>sister, if you can't tell a priest, can you tell it to your heart)
>till I got help.
>3.  The 9th Wave.  All of it.  (see? I can't follow the rules on this)
>4.  The Dreaming.
>4.  The Dreaming (if I did that twice it was my usenet reader program,
>sorry.  Because "the pull of the bush" is something we have around here
>too--the native spiritual connection to the land, the desert).
>5.  Them Heavy People
>6.  The Kick Inside
>
>Worst:
>1.  Between a Man and a Woman
>2. Heads We're Dancing
>3. Top of the City
>4.  Why should I love you
>5.  You're the One
>(hey!  I found five!  not fair, though, I'd should give "Lionheart"
>another listen...)
>
>cheers,
>Kelley
>
>p.s. what is "The Lord of the Reedy River" or something like that,
>on somebody
>'s worst list--where and when did that appear?

Well, Lord of the Reedy River appeared on the Extended Edition I of This
Woman's Work box set.  Other than that I don't really know much about it
apart from the fact that IMO it isn't one of her best songs.  It doesn't
really have any melody to it - just a lot of wierd albeit very atmospheric
sounds.

Dave