Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Barf the Music

From: kelton@kelton.seanet.com (Alana L. Kelton)
Date: Thu, 30 May 1996 02:26:05 -0800
Subject: Re: Barf the Music
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

> I personally love best and worst lists -- it's amazing to me the
> differences in tastes. Here's mine:
>
> Favorite tracks (in no particular order, sorry):
> Cloudbusting
> Running Up That Hill
> The Dreaming
> This Woman's Work
> Wuthering Heights (new vocal! - the old vocal would land this one on my
> worst list)
>
> Least-favorite tracks:
> James and the Cold Gun
> Violin
> Between a Man and a Woman
> Why Should I Love You?
> Saxophone Song

how funny! i was going to suggest a ³worst² list even at the risk of
offending, well, everyone. but we all know there are a few tracks that
seem to get in the way that you just wish would end already. i totally
agree with ³violin² and ³james and the cold gun.² ³why should i love you?²
might be on there. not ³saxophone song.² ³kite² though. a long time ago i
would have put ³houdini² on the worst list, but now it¹s quite near the
top of my favorites. when i make a kate compilation tape as an
introduction for people, i tend to go for ³kate lite² ... ³feel it,² ³the
kick inside,² ³lionheart,² ³running up that hill.² and these pretty much
reflect my taste as well. the odd thing is that when i come across the
kate songs i don¹t particularly like, i don¹t skip over them like i do
with elton john songs that annoy me (like ³crocodile rock² for instance).

i was wondering ... has anyone here done kate bush karaoke ... like in
public? do tell! - alana