Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bests and Worsts

From: gearnoise@news-e2b.gnn.com (Neal Mulvenna)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:53:06
Subject: Bests and Worsts
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

OK, I’ll play too!  But, a different slant:

Most frequently played albums:
1.  Never For Ever
2.  The Ninth Wave

Least played albums:
1.  The Sensual World
2.  Lionheart

Favorite video performances:
1.  This Woman’s Work
2.  Babooshka  (Hey! I’m a guy!  Also, I grew up in Cleveland, aka
    the babooshka capital of  the USA)
3.  Don’t Give Up, version 2
4.  Breathing
5.  Army Dreamers
6.  Oh England My Lionheart, from Live at the H O
7.  Eat The Music (especially with a glass of homemade Sangria in
  hand)

Best ending to a video:
1.  Breathing
2.  The Dreaming
3.  Wuthering Heights, from Live at the H O

Least favorite video performances:
1.  Sat In Your Lap

Worst ending to a video:
1.  James And The Cold Gun, from Live at the H O

Biggest regrets:
1.  No videos for The Ninth Wave
2.  Have never heard any of  her demo songs
3.  Beavis and Butthead choose to poke fun at some of Kate’s videos

Other oddities:
1. I found that (before I replaced all my tapes with CD’s) on
almost every Kate album, side 2 got a lot more playing time.
2. Many of my favorite Kate songs have something to do with water
   (I include Delius here) or sleep
3. It’s impossible to make a top 10 list of her songs.  I had nine
   from Never For Ever alone!