Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ataraxia covered Kate

From: Michael Doerr <doerr@cns.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 14:38:47 +0200
Subject: Ataraxia covered Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi Love-Hounds!

I discovered a new cover-version of a Kate Bush-Song:

Tha formation "Ataraxia" (found in the gothic scene) covered on their
new album (from 1996) "La fantasma dell' opera" the song
"Wuthering Heights". Their title: "La nuova magerita", with slightly
different lyrics.

The version is quite good, because the (female) singer of Ataraxia (I
can't remember her name - I have seen her this weekend on a gothic
festival here in Leipzig) has a quite good voice - very dark and soft,
but with contr-tenor-like high pitches.
The origin is mentioned on the booklet of the CD.

This could be added on the FAQ (Chapter 4.5) ...

Michael