Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Common Ground

From: james@absfabs.demon.co.uk
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 20:55:30 +0000
Subject: Common Ground
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at relay-3.mail.demon.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This new Kate Bush single (mna na h-eireann) is just as exciting as
hearing her french records, I'm sure you know what I mean.

The next track to listen to is Sinead O'Conner 'Oh raglan road' . If
you like the sound of her voice etc consider  buying her album "I do not want what
I haven't got".

My other favorite track is "O Bhean A'ti" by "Maire Brennan" it has
an Enya feel about it. The whole album is very mellow and good music
for reading the sunday papers with breakfast to !

Does anyone share my frustration at not being able to download the
track "another" from the Lionheart server. I have tried using the
demon batch ftp service. This service will ftp the file to demon's
main server for my to download direct so saving me time on slow
connections. Unfortunately the ftp always fails with the following:
:
 << 220 Peter's Macintosh FTP daemon v2.3.0 awaits your command.
<< 331 Guest log in, send Email address (user@host) as password.
>> pass .....
<< 230 Anonymous login to 1 volumes.  Access restrictions apply.  "/".
>> cwd /Guest/KateBush/Sounds
<< 250 "/Guest/KateBush/Sounds" cd successful
 >> type i
 << 200 Type set to I, binary transfer mode[macbinary disabled].
 >> port 158,152,1,44,19,114
 << 200 PORT command successful.
>> retr Another.aiff
<< 150 Binary transfer started (9491k).
<< 426 Connection aborted, local error (-23012). Error while
reading data from server:
 >> quit
 << 221 Nice chatting with you.

Does anyone know of a different site with this item ?

James