Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love the Music, Barf the Music

From: Zandra Marie Pavicic <zpavicic@vt.edu>
Date: 25 May 1996 02:46:27 GMT
Subject: Re: Love the Music, Barf the Music
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

SamiT007@aol.com wrote:

> By the way, has anyone here seen "the Linguini Incident" with
> David Bowie and Rosanna Arquette?  I can't believe this song was NOT included
> in the movie!  It would have been Perfection!

	I have a copy of it.  I though it was very odd that I bought It for $5
but then I also bought some of the coolest Kate stuff for $2 so I gues that
it to my benefit.

	I agree with you about having the song in the film.  That was exactly
what I thought when I first saw it.

	A short review of the film:  very international cast of typically
(I suspect) "cult" type actors.  There is the Brit - Bowie, the American
Arquette, the Hungarian (I think she is Hu) named woman who signs (don't
remember exactly her role at the moment), and then the Hispanic designer.
This unique blend, on it's own, was what first struck my curiosity.  The
concepts are typical and at the same instance (or perhaps following instances)
the line of the story takes an odd curve (or rather nitch? - hitch?, or
some word to that nature....oh, English as a 3rd language can be a bastard!)

	Anyway...the story is about a "wanna" Houdini (Arquette) who rooms
with a sharply breasted designer and a bartender/gambler/etc.(Bowie).

	I enjoyed the film and was really surprised to see posted that someone
was out there that had not only seem the film but also shared the same thought.

	So it's been nice to greet ya Sami!  And the rest of "all ya'll"
(plural for of Southern American..."ya'll!!) Hounds!

	Viszonlatasra!