Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My proposal

From: Daniel Sindahl <f95-dsi@nada.kth.se>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 00:33:21 -0700
Subject: Re: My proposal
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

With a few exceptions (1 & 2 on my list) I find
it extremely hard on the verge to impossible to
rank Kate's music, but I'll give it a try. Here I go...

1) Army Dreamers
I heard this song for the first time some two months ago,
and I must admit, I wasn't far from tears. Since then I've
listened to it many times, but I still shiver everytime
I hear it.

2) Breathing
The final part of this song, with Alan Murphy on the electric
guitar and Kate begging for air, stirs almost as strong feelings
in me as Army Dreamers. Just breathtaking... (sorry, couldn't resist!)

3) The Morning Fog
I often listen to "The Ninth Wave" when I've gone to bed for the
night. *Everytime* I fall asleep somewhere between "Get out of
the waves..." and "Tiefer, tiefer, ...", and *everytime* the
beginning of "The Morning Fog" skears me half to death! :-)
But I love it...

4) Love and Anger
I can't say much about this one, just that both the music and
the lyrics are great as always.

5) Oh To Be In Love
I was introduced to Kate with "The Kick Inside" and I love *every*
single song on that album. Here I let OTBIL represent the whole
album, I could aswell have chosen "Wuthering Heights" or "Moving"
or ...

6) Hello Earth (also knowns as "Columbia"! :))

7) The Sensual World

8) Night of the Swallow

9) All the love

10) Eat the Music