Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

misc. Re:s

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Sat, 18 May 96 15:12:56 +0200
Subject: misc. Re:s
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

many thanks to "Fujita, Takashi" for the enlightenment about the Japanese
translations.
> ... and I was even surprised to know some of "Love-Hounds" have
> Japanese version Kate's albums.

The owner of a record store in my hometown is a big fan of Japanese import
CDs, and offers some of them. Although I didn't buy my TKI there, his
ravings certainly influenced me.

J.D. compared Hounds Of Love CDs:
> ... Is there
> still a CD of "Hounds Of Love" out there that will knock my socks off when
> compared to the American CD?

Don't know, but there's a great variety of CDs. I don't have it here
right now, but I'm quite sure the HoL disc that I bought in '85 was
"Made in Japan". It's not an import, the rest of the package was made in
Germany. When I find it, I'll compare it to the UK pressing from the TWW box.

> One final interesting note:  The English/Dutch CD package attributes the
> back cover quote to "The Holy Grail," while the American CD attributes it
> to "The Coming of Arthur."

AFAIK "The Coming of Arthur" is the correct title.

Dave Watkins asked:
> Did the 2-part The Red Shoes single come with any prints?
Mine didn't, but it's a 2nd hand from a record fair, so I can't be sure.

It's May 18th. "Common Ground - Celtic Voices" hasn't arrived in the shops yet.

impatiently,
Rolf

----
Greetings from Ilmenau, fog & rain capital of Germany
"You can see the Sun every day... just walk over to the computing centre."