Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hi Iım new

From: kelton@kelton.seanet.com (Alana L. Kelton)
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 23:58:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Hi Iım new
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

ariuszıs posting should be required reading for everyone on gaffa. itıs a
poignant tale of an accidental introduction to kate, and i personally am
saving a copy in my mailbox called ³KATE.²

i also have an answer to this question:

> #1 Once I've heard on the radio the song that I am convinced was
> singing by Kate.  It sounded like a cover version of another artist song
> (It was surely not Elton John' one, I'm not sure but it sounded like
> Gershwin).  Is that song released on an album?

what you are probably wondering about is kate singing ³The Man I Love² by
george gershwin on the cd compilation ³The Glory of Gershwin.² the whole
thing is pretty impressive, especially meat loaf singing ³Somebody Loves
Me,² but the kate track is mesmerizing. i can send you a recording, if
youıd like. ;)  - alana