Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Punk cover of Wuthering Heights: China Drum

From: Kuyper Hoffman <kuyper@cfree.baps.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 07:52:07 +0200 (GMT+0200)
Subject: Re: Punk cover of Wuthering Heights: China Drum
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Thanks a stack to both:
Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
	and
min@waknuk.demon.co.uk (Araminta Thorne)

for their informative posts about the Wuthering Heights cover by China
Drum.  This list always amazes me! :-) and I apologize for only coming
out from under the covers to ask a question!

Now it's just a matter of tracking it down....

Also so nice to hear that KaTe's been busy with new music too, perhaps
it's the forerunner of a new album.... well, I can dream, can't I? :-)

min@waknuk.demon.co.uk (Araminta Thorne):
> China Drum's Wuthering Heights is the B-side to their "Can't stop these
> things" single (released in the UK in February or March on Beggars Banquet
> Records).
> It's pretty mindblowing.  It's still in the shops, or otherwise is
> available to order.  If anyone has difficulties getting hold of it I'm
> sure I could find it in me to lend a helping hand :-)
>
> Their debut album (released a week or two ago) is called Goosefair - I
> haven't yet heard all of it but what I have heard I've liked.  So far as
> I can tell it is only the CD version of the album that includes the WH cover.
> The vinyl version includes a China Drum fanzine that lists their discography
> - - apparently they released a limited Wuthering Heights 7" in April 1995
> (only 800 copies).

Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert):
> If you want to have it, you don't have to buy the whole album,
> there's also a CD5 with their WH cover (AFAIK it's also on the
> 7" single). The track is not hidden, and Kate is properly credited.
>
> here's some discographic information (hi Uli):
>
> China Drum - Can't Stop These Things       9:57
> - -----------------------------------------------
> 1)  Can't Stop These Things                3:00
> 2)  Wuthering Heights                      3:39
> 3)  Drown It                               3:18
>
> (P) 1996 Mantra Recordings MNT8CD
>
> > Let's see who listen to it first and brings in the rewiev.

I volunteer!!  Who can get me a copy by this evening :-)  [ in South
Africa, that is :-]

Cheers
Kuyper
--
/          Kuyper Hoffman        / Vox:+27 (0) 21.906.1040  O/H GMT+0200   /
\ mailto:Kuyper.Hoffman@Baps.Com \ Cel:+27 (0) 82.651.2203  24hr/Voicemail \