Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Linda Lewis

From: braitman@gistics.com (Stephen M. H. Braitman)
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 11:31:37 -0700
Subject: Re: Linda Lewis
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: violet@slip.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Her albums in the U.S. numbered 4 or 5, three on Warner/Reprise and 1 or 2
on Arista.  The first Arista, "Not A Little Girl Anymore" is by far the
most common, since it had a minor hit or two on it. It's a nice album, but
much more "pop" than her earlier records.  The Warner stuff, "Lark" and
"Fathoms Deep," as well as an anthology which name I can't remember at the
moment, are less common, but they had their fans at the time of release,
and should be able to be found in well-stocked used record stores.  I do
not know if there are any Linda Lewis CDs, from the US or UK--but I'd like
to find out!

Good luck!

>From: violet@slip.net
>Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 05:41:23 -0800
>Subject: Linda Lewis
>
>Stephen wrote:
>>Who is Linda Lewis? She is a British singer with a sweet, high voice who
>>worked in a marvelous rock fantasy genre years before Kate Bush.
>
>How difficult is it to find her albums in the U.S?  I'd definitely be
>interested in giving her a listen.
>
>Violet
>xoxox

GISTICS Incorporated, 700 Larkspur Landing Circle, Suite 199
Larkspur, CA 94939 USA 415.461.4305 Tel 415.927.4337 Fax