Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Monologue from Hello Earth

From: nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com (Norman Buchwald)
Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 21:17:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Monologue from Hello Earth
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

shenelsw@uwcsms1.uwc.edu (Sharon Nelson) wrote:

>Dear Love hounds,
>I hate to even publicize her on the digest:
>        Have you noticed that T@RI has some monologue at the beginning of
>one of her songs just like the monologue off of Hello Earth?????????????
>Is Kate's use of this monologue original?
>Every time I listen to Tori, she makes me sick with her pathetic
>replications of Kate's music.  I wish she would at least give Kate credit
>for "influencing" her music, rather than never admitting that she is even
>aware of her existence!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh?  Off the top of my head, the only comparison that you're making
is between the intro of "Hello Earth" and the intro of "Not The Red
Baron," a very weak comparison indeed.  I may not know my dutch, but
the two guys talking on the communicator are not saying "Columbia,
etc."  I can reassure you.  Otherwise, you need to give us the Tori
song so I can see what you're talking about.  As is, I hardly consider
this an echo, let alone an influence in this case.  :)

The Storm

Deeper, deeper.  Somewhere in the depth there is the light.