Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Religious Fashion?

From: jb593@bard.edu (Jamie Blackman)
Date: 6 May 1996 23:34:12 GMT
Subject: Re: Religious Fashion?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Steve ZPJ (zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: On 24 Apr 1996 20:37:27 -0700, in rec.music.gaffa, emerald7@his.com
: (R. A. Creighton) wrote:

: <SNIP>
: >
: >As a practicing Pagan (for 15 years), a member of MENSA (148 IQ) and a
: >thinking member of the Human Race, I am shocked and offended by your
: >callous, rude, and intollerant [sic] behavior.
: >

: And I thought all us members of Mensa knew that Mensa is not an
: acronym and is never spelt in capitals as it just means "Table" in
: Latin from the origins of a table of intelligent people being kept.
: BTW, which scale is that on, I'm assuming it's the Verbal scale and
: not the Culture Free as you must have just scraped through (148 is the
: entry level)

Well, it is patently obvious that it was not on the verbal scale, just
read the original post. Additionally, it is considered to be in very poor
taste to volunteer one's i.q., rather like volunteering the size of one's
penis in mixed company. It also displays a lack of self-esteem in such
an obvious fashion as to cause everyone around you to be embarrassed on
your behalf. I certainly am.

On a final note, this is hardly the place to try to impress anyone with
your meagre intellect. This is the Kate Bush group, and for a Katefan,
intelligence is included in the price of admission.

-JB