Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: Ulrich Grepel <uli@zoodle.robin.de>
Date: Wed, 1 May 96 09:41:01 +0200
Subject: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Archive-name: music/kate-bush-faq-diffs
Last-modified: 1996/04/29
Version: 1.4.k minus 1.4.h

This is a human understandable 'diff' from previous month's FAQ to this
month's FAQ.

If you are on the mailing list (love-hounds) instead of rec.music.gaffa this
is all you will get without further action.  The full version is posted to
rec.music.gaffa only.  You can get a full copy of the FAQ by requesting it from
me (uli@zoodle.robin.de), or by sending email to majordomo@gryphon.com with the
message contents being "get love-hounds-digest FAQ".  If you can't receive more
than 64KB in one piece I can split the FAQ for you.

All paragraphs which have been changed/added/deleted are listed here,
additional comments in []s.  Cosmetical changes aren't listed.

Sorry for the delay, but as usual I had quite a big pile of stuff in my incoming
mailbox. There's two things I have not yet included in this version of the FAQ
but which will appear in the version after the next one. First, I'll include a
section titled "What's the Dreaming Plug?", second, I still have to find a good
spot for a paragraph about religion. Why the version after the next one? That's
easy, the next FAQ won't have any changes, since I'm going on holiday for a
couple of weeks now and won't have computer access then.

-------------------8<-------------------
2.2. Who is Tori Amos?

     Torinews (originally for news only)

        subscribe: torinews-request@chihuly.com
                   Subject: Subscribe Torinews
        post:      torinews@chihuly.com

[just a slight change in the subscription address]

4.5. Other Artists using Kate's Work

     The Man With The Child In His Eyes
        Dusty Springfield - (recording has been done on video but not released)
            (concert in The Royal Albert Hall in 1978) [KO]

[info about video recording added]

5.6. Hounds of Love

     Hounds of Love:
        The beginning ("It's in the trees!  It's coming!") is from the 1957
        UK horror movie "Night of the Demons" (US title: "Curse Of The Demon",
        original title: "Casting The Runes"), though Kate re-recorded the bit,
        because she couldn't get enough quality from the original.
        Another conection of that film to Kate's work is in "The Line, The
        Cross & The Curve", where as in the film symbols drawn on paper have
        great power.

[Last sentence added]

--
"Ein 32-Bit-Betriebssystem fuer uns?" - "Wozu? Wir haben doch zwei mit 16."
[IBM ad promoting OS/2] "Bah, ich habe 4 mit 8!" [comment from Sven Wachter]