Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Hello Earth!"

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:12:11 -0400
Subject: Re: "Hello Earth!"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Samantha writes:

 > At the end of the first spoken syllable is a hard sound,
 > sounds to me like a "d" or "t" sound, and could not
 > possibly be the soft "l" in "hello"  What do you all think?

Well, IED knows what sounds you're talking about;
you've described them very accurately.  Nevertheless,
his ears still hear them clearly as "hello" -- spoken through
a very static-y long-range radio transmitter, hence the
sputtery sound of the words.  Anyone?

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S              R              I