Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Emily

From: Bryan Dongray <btd@cray.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 13:13:41 -0500
Subject: Emily
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Roy J. Smith <Roy.J.Smith@att.com> wrote:
> By the way, I heard something on Wow this morning that I hadn't
> noticed before - about 11 seconds into the song it sounds like
> she's singing "Emily".  Am I hearing this right?  Anyone know
> the significance?

Your hearing is perfect.

Emily is actually my daughter - how kind of Kate to give her a
mention on this track.

Hmmmm, hang on, my Emily was born in 1981, either Kate had an
excellent premonition (to please me), OR it may be a reference
to Emily Bronte, the author of Wuthering Heights, and I was
somehow influenced (subliminally) by this "semi" hidden name,
as I only consciously noticed it about a year ago.

I go for the premonition theory, as we all know how Kate can
see into the future (being a witch and all that :-), it's how she
can make such excellent music, by listening in the future to her
next album, and copying what she heard, but back in the present!

			Bryan Dongray

PS The "witch" reference is a joke, referring to the recent flaming
that's been going on, just so everyone understands!
Also I think the time travel theory would not really hold true, since
Kate would be able to knock out an album every six months (or less)
of excellent quality. Oh well, maybe I just don't understand time travel!