Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Religious discussion on Kate

From: mdean@godzilla.athensnet.com (Michael W. Dean)
Date: 26 Apr 1996 14:18:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Religious discussion on Kate
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <960423003738_519830258@emout07.mail.aol.com>,
 <SamiT007@aol.com> wrote:

>However, for the people who say it doesn't matter what religion Kate is--I
>strongly disagree.  We don't need to get into religious wars, but her
>spiritual beliefs, if we could pinpoint what they are, are very much an
>important part of the discussion on Kate and what influences her music.  If

    However, it is clear that whatever Kate's beliefs may or may not be, she
does not broadcast them.  Could be she prefers to keep such matters private.
If this is so, then her wish for privacy is much more important than any
need we might have to examine her musical influences.  I speak as one who is
not concerned with such things as her romantic relationships or her
performance on past driving exams or any other bit of trivia.  To me, the
music speaks for itself.

Mike