Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello Earth - End message

From: Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:24:06 GMT
Subject: Re: Hello Earth - End message
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 24 Apr 1996 10:23:43 -0700, in rec.music.gaffa,
willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de (Wieland Willker) wrote:

>The end message is:
>"Tiefer, tiefer - irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht." (German)
>(english: Deeper, deeper, somewhere in the depth, there's a light.)
>later:
>"Go to sleep, little earth"
>
>The German words are spoken by Gaby Zangerl, an EMI coworker. (She's now
>in Germany and I have her address, but she's not talking.)
>I've read somewhere that Kate chose the words from "Das Boot", because
>she liked the sounding.
>
>Another question:
>In the beginning Kate sings "Hello Earth" twice and at the "th" of
>"earth" the voice of an astronaut comes in. What is he saying? IED once
>said he's echoeing "earth", but it doesn't sound like that to me.
>
>Best wishes
>    Wieland
Sorry Wieland but the second time he is definately saying "Hello
Earth" after Kate, not just "Earth", although the first time sounds
similar to this I would not say that I am positive about it.
__
Steve ZPJ
zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk
ca5sha@isis.sund.ac.uk

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --