Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Eyebrows [Re: Scary films (only marginally Kate-related)]

From: Steve ZPJ <zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 07:40:32 GMT
Subject: Re: Eyebrows [Re: Scary films (only marginally Kate-related)]
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 23 Apr 1996 13:10:32 -0700, in rec.music.gaffa, craig@sco.COM
(Craig Heath) wrote:

>Violet wrote:
>> Watch "The Company of Wolves"...
>
>Chris replied:
>:    Great film. For a Kate connection...the main advice given to the heroine
>: by her granny is "never trust a man [whose] eyebrows meet in the middle."
>
>:    In _The Line, The Cross & The Curve_ Miranda Richardson's eyebrows
>: do exactly that.
>
>:    Is this an old Irish or English superstition, [or] did Kate get it
>: from the film?
>
>Well, I certainly remember my (English) mother telling me that when
>I was a child (that's a few decades ago), so it does appear to be a
>tradition, in England at least.
>
>        - Craig @ SCO near London.
>                (whose eyebrows meet, slightly, in the middle:-)
This way of detecting a werewolf originated in Denmark and then spread
throughout the other countries.
BTW, Paperhouse and Company of Wolves are my favourite films, I only
found them because my hobby is collecting cult movies and these
certainly fit that category.
__
Steve ZPJ
zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk
ca5sha@isis.sund.ac.uk

-- Anyone who can stay sane in this world must be mad --