Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: fantasy album...

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 06:51:26 GMT
Subject: Re: fantasy album...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>>Pretend for a minute that Kate has decided to record an album of songs
>>written entirely by other people.
>>
>>Which songs would you like to hear her sing?
>
>* Space Oddity - David Bowie
>* Ramble On - Led Zeppelin
>* And On - Yaz
>* Pennies from Heaven - Billie Holiday
>* No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley
>* One Way or Another - Blondie
>* Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye

   Ah, you are in luck then! Kate recorded _Sexual Healing_ for
Davy Spillane's album. It didn't make it onto the release, but
it's supposed to appear as a b-side one fine day.

   It was played at the last Convention...to be honest, it was
far too mild-mannered a performance. If she chooses to release
a version, I'm hoping for one with a bit more "mojo" in it.