Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello Earth - End message

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:21:39 +0200
Subject: Hello Earth - End message
To: rec-music-gaffa@news.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

The end message is:
"Tiefer, tiefer - irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht." (German)
(english: Deeper, deeper, somewhere in the depth, there's a light.)
later:
"Go to sleep, little earth"

The German words are spoken by Gaby Zangerl, an EMI coworker. (She's now
in Germany and I have her address, but she's not talking.)
I've read somewhere that Kate chose the words from "Das Boot", because
she liked the sounding.

Another question:
In the beginning Kate sings "Hello Earth" twice and at the "th" of
"earth" the voice of an astronaut comes in. What is he saying? IED once
said he's echoeing "earth", but it doesn't sound like that to me.

Best wishes
    Wieland