Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Burblings (was re: Kate being a witch)

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 04:48:20 GMT
Subject: Burblings (was re: Kate being a witch)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

   Response to "TEN FREE HOURS!". Delete before reading!

   Love-Hounds own Sedar Argic was busy last night:

ninthwaver@aol.com (Ten Hours Free!) wrote:

> Censorship of religious belief and spiritual thought is just as bad
> as anything else, bucko.

   ATTENTION FOOL! No one, and I mean no one (other than Bill Wisner)
is even CAPABLE of censoring *anything* on Love-Hounds/rec.music.gaffa!

   (If censorship was possible, we would be free of the flood of spammage
that has infested this group in the past months.)

   I've been accused of this before, with the same total lack of thought
on the part of the accuser. Show how I am censoring, or even show how
I *could* censor posts based on any criteria whatever and I'll give you
a prize....this lovely 3' pile of AOL floppies right here beside me!

> Christians ARE pagans, my dear.

   When did the Internet start expanding into parallel dimensions?

>There is nothing so annoying as an antireligious zealot (except, of
>course, a religious one). This country was founded by a religious order.

   Uh...have you ever read a BOOK?!? The founding of the United States
dates back to the Declaration of Independence (arguably to the ratification
of the Constitution). Were you refering to a different country?

   The "Father of His Country" George Washington had this to say,
June 10, 1797.

  "...the government of the United States of America is not in any
sense founded on the Christian Religion..."

   The Pilgrims (a grimmer bunch of pills you couldn't hope to find - AKA
The Society of Separatists) were opposed to any form of freedom...all
forms of music were banned...people were punished for not attending chruch.
As they came to the Colonies 156 years before the American Revolution,
they had nothing to do with it.

>Religion - organized or otherwise - plays a very important part in
>everyday life for many intelligent, good people. There are good and bad
>things about every belief. Don't denigrate things you do not properly
>percieve - or understand.

   I promised to drop it (for now) and I will keep my word.