Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Religious discussion on Kate

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 00:37:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Religious discussion on Kate
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Well, I see I certainly did open a can of worms when I asked "Is Kate a
witch?"  (I can see even more clearly now, Chris, why you were so annoyed!)

However, for the people who say it doesn't matter what religion Kate is--I
strongly disagree.  We don't need to get into religious wars, but her
spiritual beliefs, if we could pinpoint what they are, are very much an
important part of the discussion on Kate and what influences her music.  If
it wasn't, then why include the information in the FAQ about Del being her
long-standing love, or the fact that she is close to her brothers, or that
she failed her first driving test.  I would say some of these facts which
have been discussed without controversy are of much less importance than what
are her religious affections.  When a person is "religious" and is in touch
with her spiritual side, it generally becomes the standard by which
everything in her life is compared in the quest for truth and knowledge.  To
even insinuate that this aspect of life is unimportant concerning Kate Bush
is ridiculous.  It is quite evident from her music that she has a spiritual
side and therefore, commenting, questioning, discussing it is quite relevant.
 Discussing her status as a driver/non-driver isn't.

I'll jump off my soapbox now.  Thanks.

~~~Samantha