Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK.

From: IEDSRI@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:25:07 -0400
Subject: MisK.
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Congratulations and thanks go to Wieland
for his fascinating "Phoenix" edition!  Wonderful
to read the information in such logical order!

Thanks to Wieland and to Emmy May for their kind
remembrance of IED's inauspicious entree here ten
years ago.  He was of course preceded by at least one
Love-Hound who is still among us (though for the
most part silently so), namely our estimable founder,
|>oug /\lan (for the misspelling of whose name in that
decagenarian posting IED now apologizes).

Wieland writes in re IED's remarks re Gilmour in 1975:

 > We need this Q-interview!!!! Has anyone access to the
 > Q-mags in his library? It must be around Sept. 1990!
 > I think, IED, you brought this up, so it's your turn!  :-)

Alas!  IED never saw this interview himself.   He only meant
to be repeating something someone once told him -- and
anyway, it might easily have been misunderstood by IED.
So discount it until someone can track down this interview.
(IED can't even remember what the specific reference is,
now -- he assumes this was a reference to an interview
with Gilmour, not with Kate, whose "Q" interview is well
known to us all.)  IED agrees with Wieland that the report
of still another recording session at this time under Gilmour's
aegis seems unlikely.

 > Gilmour (Q) ca. 10-20 songs have been recorded. This tape
 > definitely made it to EMI.  Besides PTA also the second
 > version of "Maybe" has been recorded.

This is not clear.   When you refer us to "Q" here, are you just
referring back again to IED's dubious hearsay, or are these
"10-20 songs" confirmed?

 > 1990, Bush Con: "It had a couple of titles..."Maybe". ...there
 > was an - "Humming",  it was called as well.")

This little moment during that appearance has intrigued IED
for years, because Kate didn't remember the name herself,
and took a cue from someone offstage -- AND from peoople in the audience.
 Apparently there were some fans who were aware of this alternate title for
an early unpublished song BEFORE Kate mentioned it during this Q&A session.

IED is off to follow Chris WIlliams's suggestion and have a
listen to "Rocket's Tail" with lead vocal cut out.

-- Andrew Marvick (IED)
     S               R             I