Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Discovery? (Continued)

From: mfgr@bart.nl (Marcel F G Rijs)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:30:09 -0100
Subject: Kate Bush Discovery? (Continued)
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Cc: uli@zoodle.robin.de, willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On April 7. 1996 I wrote:

> I've finally found some time to email! Thank Violet & Kate for Easter
> vacations!
> As some of you may be aware, I am busy releasing a CD version of Tori Amos on
> the basis of pre-ordering. In order to be able to do this I had to pay a
visit
> to BUMA/STEMRA, the Dutch company which is involved with copyrights, early
> this week.

...and then I told the story of finding new Kate Bush titles.

Well, as promised, here's the sequel....

As I already wrote, this visit to BUMA/STEMRA was paid to get things on the
rails copyright-wise for the CD version of Tori AMos Covered. I could have
easily done this through the phone, but....
What did I write? Early this week? Wait.... that wouldn't be.... that date?

THE FIRST OF APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, as they say on television:

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!

No, I didn't go to BUMA/STEMRA, I already fixed this thru the telephone, so
there was no need to go all the way to Almere.
Congratulation to Markku, who was the only one getting close to a
counter-expertise!

As for the others: I am proud to have fooled you. I hope there are no hard
feelings..... I will retreat now....

8-) 8-)

Greetings,

** Marcel F G Rijs - "Conan the librarian"
** Internet: mfgr@bart.nl            CIS: 100276,2176
**      WWW: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/marcel
** Protect Free Speech Online -- http://www.cdt.org/ciec/