Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Violet's gummed up headphone jack

From: kln@a.crl.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 11:46:49 -0700
Subject: Violet's gummed up headphone jack
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Violet,

Try a Q-tip and some alchohol or lighter fluid to get the gummy glue out of your
headphone jack.  Both of these fluids will evaporate without leaving a residue.
Don't use nail polish remover! Make sure the electrical outlet is unplugged
before you do this, just in case. (Oh yeah Karen, I took your advice and zapped
myself four ways to Katemas.)

I have also used lighter fluid to remove sales tags from 12" sleeves without
lifting off the varnish.  Unfortunately the glue from the sales tags sometimes
stains the sleeve.  You can't win.  I complain regularly to stores that they
shouldn't put price stickers directly on the sleeve and then expect to be able
to charge $20.00 for the thing.

What does that have to do with anything? Nothing! Just a useless diatribe
against ignerent retail practices.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com