Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sand Picture

From: violet@slip.net
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 15:25:15 -0800
Subject: Sand Picture
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Regarding the sand picture of Kate, Rolf asked:
>Or is it Kate's answer to Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" comic?

No.  The photo was taken in 1989 prior to the release of the album.  The
Sandman came out in 1991.

I don't know what the photo is "meant" to represent, but I've always
associated it with "time."  Time slipping through our fingers, memories
drifting by, moments passing.  It also gives me a strong sensation of the
song "Egypt" when I see it;  the whole "I drift with dunes" feeling.  But I
suppose in reality it had to do with Kate's ideas surrounding the song "The
Sensual World," as she basically said she was interested in the way our
senses are affected by the sights and sounds of nature.

Violet
xoxox

     +    "If Jesus Christ were to come today, people    +
     +    would not even crucify him.  They would ask    +
     +    him to dinner, and hear what he had to say,    +
     +    and make fun of it."     -- D.A. Wilson        +